viernes, 18 de junio de 2010

Post- observation feedback - REFLECTION

I would like to express my gratitude to my guide teacher Jose Luis Tapia for giving me all his support and for his good pieces of advice not only at the beginning but also in any time.

In my first times I felt nervious because students were niosy and also moved to a different places in the classroom and I thought that I could not do it for different reasons: because I am young , they know that I’m not their teacher and they know I am in my practicum.

When I started doing my class i realized they were good students; they paid attention to my classes, asked questions if they had doubts about exercises,etc but, as I said before, they talked a lot and it was difficult for me to control that situation and I tried to speak but they talked lauder so, in that moment, I made a mistake: I screamed. That was my first pieces of advice, my guide teacher told me that I could not “speak”or scream in that way and I had to wait in silence in front of them just looking them but, I was not aware of it until a student told me that I was screaming, that was a shameful situation and I did not do it any more.

Another point was the way I prepared worksheets for my students. Most of the time, they did not finish tasks in class because I expected more from them, so Miss Isabel asked me what would I change in my worksheet? And I told her I should insert images and also gave them time for each exercise. In that moment, I understood that my worksheet was too bored for them; may be the worksheet was not interesting for them so I had to create different things for them with interesting readings so, Miss Isabel advised me to ask my students what kind of things were interesting for them.

I took all the advices given and I put in practice; I asked to my students what things were interesting for them? And they told me that the activities were ok but, the way that I presented my activities was the problem so, I improved my lesson plans at the same time I tried to imagine my students’ reaction with the new activity or worksheet.

So last Monday Miss Isabel came back to visit me and I felt confortable and happy too, because my students worked pretty well on the activities that I prepared, in advance I felt proud about my self and also my work as a teacher .
Iknow that I have to improve in technologic aspectsbut I would like to learn more about it. Im not the best but I am Sure that I doing a big effort to do my classes and I am ready to face every chanllenge in my carrer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario