jueves, 24 de junio de 2010

Reflective writing Nº1: The English classroom

I.The english classroom
This is a mess, because children are everywhere; you can see a girl listening to music, some of them are playing football, with a dog, others are fighting etc.
This is a clear image about a teacher loosing the class control. In that class there is not respect to the teacher nor students. From my point of view, teacher lost herself because she is not paying attention her students’ needs to work in class; anther point, she has to talk to her students in order to know their interests and know their doubts about the subject, etc.

II. Reflective writing
In my observation stage I could see “Octavo basico” was a difficult group to deal with.
Some of them work pretty good in silence, if they have doubts, they ask me without problems. Also I try to plan interesting activities in order to keep their attention, however, i have desruptive students so, little by little, I been trying to talk to them during the breaks because I think it’s the best way to know them, but they continue playing in the classroom and telling jokes in front of the teacher. They always have problems with teachers; but one of them is very conflictive, his name is Omar and he does not respec the teachers; he answers in a rude way and he constantly interrups the class. Moreover, I have to plan special activities for him, but he refuses to work.When you ask him why does he have that behavior, he replies he has sicologycal and learning problems and you have to add his hyperactivity. Teacher knows about his promblems and I know that school´s authorities know too, for that reason, they talked to his mother and the resolution was to keep him out from the school for three days, but I am no sure that was a good idea since he was showing a little progress in class, now he does not understand a thing in my class.

Another student just has hyperactivity promblems, his name is Francisco but, my guide teacher told me I have to keep him working in class using worksheets in groups with specific students. For that reason, my guide teacher and I created an activitiy in which he has to think a lot of of things. The activity´s name is “Miths and Legends” in this activity student have to write a dialogue that is related to an specific mith or legend of Chile, francisco is working pretty well he creates a song for his sketch also privide with wonderful ideas to de group.

I know is difficult to face desruptive students but a good idea from my experience is to see their behaviors, to listen when they want to express their ideas and to plan activities for different kind of people because we are teachers, that is the way that we choose and that is the way that we see to the future.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario